It’s officially the spooky season, so it was time to stock up on stuff before the stores ran out. Got six bags of my dream combination of kettle corn/popcorn and Oreo Cookies!!
Luckily, also came upon some fun recipes to make spooky treats! This is good old fashioned fun for grown-ups and kids alike—
Thanks for the inspiration and how-to help, Cookie Pop:
Now for the fun to begin…
- Graham crackers
- Black and Orange Frosting
- Candy corn
- Orange M&Ms
- Pumpkin Candies and gummies
- Your favorite Cookie or Candy Pop
- Prepare your frosting by adding each color to separate Ziploc bags and cut off one of the bottom corner tips.
- Decorate the walls and roof of the house before you assemble; it’s easier to add details to your haunted gingerbread house when it’s lying flat.
- Once you’ve decorated the walls and roof, it’s time to assemble!
- Frost the bottom edges of your walls before securing them to stick to the foundation.
- When assembling your walls, position the pieces so that the side walls are between the front and back pieces.
- Assemble your roof once the walls are dry (about 15 min). Frost the top edges of your side walls and place your roof pieces on top in your desired shape. Make sure those top edges are frosted so the pieces stick together.
- Decorate the front yard with pumpkin candies and Cookie and Candy pop popcorn!
- 1 Bag of Halloween Oreo Cookie Pop
- 1 Bag of your favorite Halloween-themed candy (we used candy corn)
- 12 Paper popcorn party containers
- 24 Orange or black buttons
- 4 Rolls of medical gauze
- One bottle of Elmers school glue
- Start by adding glue to all sides of the popcorn container.
- Gently wrap the gauze around the container, starting from the top. Once you’ve made it all around until you reach the bottom, wrap and glue the end.
- Glue 2 buttons to one side of the container and allow all to dry for 1-2 hours.
- Fill each container with a mix of Oreo Cookie Pop Popcorn and an assortment of Candy Corn or your favorite holiday candies.
- 1 Bag of Oreo Cookie Pop
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Bag of white candy melts
- 1 Bag of candy eyes
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt the mini marshmallows and butter in a large pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and stir with a spatula until the popcorn is coated.
- Use butter or olive oil to grease your hands and form the mixture into popcorn balls.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (Allow the balls to cool completely).
- Melt the candy melts according to the package instructions.
- Dip the tops of the popcorn balls into the melted chocolate and return to the baking sheet. Allow the chocolate to set for 1-2 minutes before adding eyeballs.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
- *Take liberty and make all sorts of creations with the same concept. We tried vampires and pumpkins as well!
How are you going to snack spooky this Halloween?